Thanks to our Partners, The Connecticut Family Advocacy Center (CPAC) and The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE), A Parent’s Guide to Special Education in Connecticut has been updated in English and Spanish!
This document provides information for parents, guardians and other family members about laws, regulations, and policies affecting special education programs and services. These protections, rights and opportunities will help students with disabilities reach their full potential when parents, families and schools work collaboratively.
The guide will walk you through some basics like:
- Commonly used terms
- Special Education and Related Services
- Referred to Special Education
- Planning and Placement Team (PPT)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team Meeting
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- And much, much more!